The Fly Sky FS-TH9X is an excellent radio for the price. If you are on a limited budget and looking to upgrade to 2.4 GHz then I highly recommend you take a look at it. At under $100 for a complete combo it doesn't really matter if you knock or drop it.
- The FLYSKY 2.4 GHz price wars are really heating up at the moment now that many Chinese manufacturers have entered the market. For the past few years there have been various 2.4 GHz modules coming out of China, with some decent offering from Corona and Assan, now it seems like the Chinese want to make a name for themselves by offering full systems. The Fly Sky FS-TH9X is the first offering that I decided to check out.
- I am a diehard Futaba Fasst fan but I am tired of having to sell a kidney or take out a second mortgage every time I have to buy a new receiver for my fleet. The Fly Sky offerings drew my attention with their sub $20 receivers. The Fly Sky FS-TH9X is offered under various brand names but it is basically the same transmitter.
- The Fly Sky FS-TH9X is modular system, so specifications may vary depending on the module you select. The transmitter itself is loaded with features, some of which you will usually only find on some high end transmitters.
- Number of Channels: 8ch PPM/9ch PCM
- Display: 128*64 LCD
- Support Type: Heli/Acro/Glid
- User Models: 8
- Stick Modes: 4
- Encoder Type: PPM/PCM
- Sub Trim: Yes
- Simulator Interface: Yes
- Buzzer: Yes
- Low Voltage Display: Yes
The menus are clearly and easy to navigate using the 128×64 pixel LCD display. The only issue I had was that the +/- buttons are back to front with the positive on the left.
Available at http://www.hobbyhot.com